Friday, September 12, 2008

Day 1

Well today I went to see a Dr that was refered to me by a friend for losing weight. She was able to lose about 60 lbs in about 3 or 4 months. Needless to say I am excited and can't wait to lose the weight so come next year I can fly over the wall and fly through the run next year. Two of the guys I met this year in the academy are going to help me workout at the gym and keep me on track, which will be a huge help in staying motived and making the workouts count.

As some of you know I have been wanting a german shepherd dog from some time. My sister was lucky to find a breeder about a month ago who gave her one of her older dogs. I now maybe just as lucky and get a dog. The breeder is concidering giving me one of her females that is about a year and half old. I can't wait. I am also thinking that this will get me out running/walking more at home vs always going to the gym. I am really hoping to get a dog. I have been putting it off for the last few years since I have not had the money to finish the dog run in the backyard. But I can't pass up a free one that is top of the line. She normally sells her dogs for $1800! The dog is also already house broken which is a huge plus. I will have to work on training it in the other areas but that is ok. So needless to say I have been checking online for a kennel that I can use in the backyard until I can get the dog run finished. Hopefully, by the end of this weekend I will have a cute german shepherd at home. I will keep everyone posted!

2 comments:

Julie H said...

Check Home Depot. They have chain link ones. My SIL gave us a dog pen years ago and it's been the best present EVER.

Michele said...

I found a good size one on CraigsList for $160. Was the cheapest for the size it is..