Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Updates...

I know it has been awhile since I have done any updates. I was kind of waiting for some good news on a couple things first.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! All of my mom's brothers made the journey to Tracy for Thanksgiving. Even the one that lives in Oregon, which was a nice change. Their daughter Alana had moved to Palm Springs area this last summer so they wanted to drive to Tracy and she drove up to Tracy so we could spend Thanksgiving together. Only three cousins couldn't make the trip because of work schedules or plans with boyfriends family. Kalina loved having her cousins over..she had sleep over two nights and just thought it was the best thing!

House...well where to start. First off buying a house now with all the short sales out there is stressfull. I have found several over the last couple of months that I have liked. I have even put about 5 offers on different houses just to find out that I didn't get it or that the seller is dragging their feet on signing the necessary paperwork. Well the week of Thanksgiving one listed that was just blocks from my sister. At first I wasn't too keen on the idea of living that close but I went and looked at it. The house is really cute and has pretty much everything I wanted..#1 being a single story..#2 - 3 car garage &/or RV access for the boat..and this has both once cememt would be poured for the boat. So we put an offer on it right away. Because it was a holiday weekend we were hoping not to many people would look at it and the fact that the current renters were not making it all that easy too see the house, I think the main reason is because they have a newborn. So we were one of two people to put an offer on it. We found out last week that we were in 2nd place because the other offer gave the bank a bigger net.. My realtor had typed up a nice letter to the seller and the other seller's realtor. The letter basically said why this house was prefect and why I was trying to move back to Tracy. Well, this morning the seller's realtor called my realtor and gave good news! He bascially put us in #1 spot and kicked the others out. They were very washy and not willing to put down a bigger deposit and a few other things. He kept telling them that he felt I deserved the house more. So all we had to do was sign a new offer to match their price and we would be in #1 spot. So needless to say we are the one and only offer on the house now. And he is no longer showing the house! Now the waiting game starts. Because it is a short sale it takes a bit longer, but we are hoping the bank doesn't take the 60 days they are saying it takes to approve it. I would love for it to only take a couple weeks so by the end of January I would be moving..just to get the whole process done... Well, I am sure everyone is wanting to see pictures. Unfortuantaly the agent selling the house only posted 4 pictures...2 of the front and 2 of the kitchen..so here is all I have for now...

Here is the front of the house. The house sits on a corner so it has a HUGE side yard...I am going to have more grass to mow than I do now.


Here is a picture of the kitchen. It has much more cabinet room than I do now plus a pantry!

Keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully by my birthday I will be all moved in!

As for the puppy. We went and looked at the puppies probably about 3 weeks ago now. The girls wanted me to bring one home then. However, they were not ready. She has since sold one leaving only one left. She hasn't said 100% yet, but it looks like I will be getting one. Kim told me yesterday that she (Karen the owner) has pretty much decided she wants to keep it so then she would give it to me to raise. By keeping it she would be able to bread it later. Her currently male is getting older so she needs another male soon to bread with. Kim did say that the puppy (Uzi - the name I had suggested) is not liking his crate right now and Karen is working on that. Karen is watching Kim's dog while we go south for Christmas, so maybe after Christmas I will get bring Uzi home !

Not much else going on...I don't even want to talk about Christmas shopping. I haven't started yet. Not that I have too many to buy for. Well I do have things for my Aunt's/Uncle's..my last PartyLite party I got several gifts. I have a few ideas for mom. Kalina of course wants EVERYTHING. Althea will probably get a couple games for her new video game (I think my mom got her DSP)... Hopefully next weekend I will be able to get things done. It normally only takes me a few hours because I go once I know what I am getting!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That is so nice the family all came to CA! What a wonderful thanksgiving!!! The house sounds perfect and hopefull the dog comes thru as well! Maybe you will hear all the news confirmed in time for a Christmas wish for you!!!

Cathy said...

The house looks beautiful. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything goes smoothly and quickly.

Looks like a nice Christmas gift for you.