Friday, October 10, 2008

Dad's Retirement

myspace backgrounds images



A couple weeks ago my mom was told by the retirement board that boards' doctor came back with his report and was not recommending that his death be ruled work related. Due to his heart attack mom can and should receive his full retirement because heart attacks are considered work related. My mom was really nervous about what the board would do. She felt they would side with the doctor which would mean she would have to hire an attorney in order to fight the decision. I made several phone calls over the past couple weeks. I contacted a couple people at the Sheriff's office and at my dept. After everything was said and done and a call to an attorney we were prepared for the board to deny the claim this morning. Well, after about an hour of hearing other things the board discussed, the board discussing my dad's case behind closed doors and finally my mom given the chance to speak the board voted to grant the service retirement which gives my mom my dad's full retirement. She was so surprised and thankful that now that part is over with. There is only one more thing to deal with and that is the workman's comp claim. We all know that can also be a long process. I am hoping with the decision today that in November when she goes in front of the workman's comp board that the claim will be settled just as fast and easy.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is so great! I am so happy it is going easier than thought. It is such a bitter sweet victory..I am happy for your Mom! She doesn't deserve to go thru any headaches. :O)