Thursday, October 2, 2008

I Forgot......

Thank You

In yesterday's post in passing on the blog award I didn't even think to pass it on to a good friend of mine, John. John doesn't blog so the thought didn't even cross my mind to pass it on to him and say what a great friend he is. Well, of course he had to remind me today when we talked. John is someone I met while in the academy this last year. We have become great friends and I know the he is a true friend. He was out there encouraging me and pushing me to get over that 6 foot wall. Even on days where I didn't want to look at the wall or even talk about it he was encouraging. I couldn't have gotten as far as I did this past year without him. Even after failing this year he has been there and continues to encourage me on not giving up. I think at times he took it harder than me that I was not going to be up on stage with him. With his help and friendship I know the day will come when I will be up on stage graduating and then putting on a dark blue uniform ready to hit the streets for the first time. Thank you John!

On Sept 27th (my dad's birthday) my mom and I took Kalina to Fairyland in Oakland. My sister had a wedding to go to and she didn't think Kalina would enjoy it so she had asked my mom to watch Kalina. Knowing that Kalina can be a handful sometimes and that it was my dad's birthday I told my mom we should go some where for the day. I suggested the Sacramento Zoo and Fairytale Town, however my mom suggested Fairyland instead. I guess I had been there when I was young but of course I didn't remember it. It wasn't what I expected at all. It was rundown to say the least. Kalina was really not interested in the stories, however she had fun putting her magic key in the boxes to start the stories. They did have a few rides. I didn't think Kalina would get on them at all, she is very chicken when it comes to rides. However, she got on several, even the ferris wheel. I thought for sure since I couldn't go on the feris wheel with her she wouldn't do it. But she did and then we couldn't get her off of it! While Fairyland is old and rundown, the important thing was that Kalina had a good time, even tho I pushed her down a few slides she didn't want to go down.

You\'re in my Prayers

Finally I send the above Angel to my friends Cathy and Greg. They have been trying for three years to get pregnant. Unfortunately they have had several set backs. Why is that people who would be loving parents struggle sometimes to bring a child into this world and then you have others who use drugs, beat their kids, live on assistance who can have one child after another. It just is not fair! I know one day Cathy will be blessed and become pregnant and she and Greg will be the best parents and the child will be spoiled! Don't give up Cathy!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow! Thank you for your prayer post Michele.

It really means a lot to me for you to post that on your blog.

I haven't given up yet, but I have to tell you some days it is so hard to remain hopeful.

Michele said...

Of course! I know how much you guys want a little one. It will happen! I can only imgaine how hard it is from time to time. There are a couple people at work that are going through the same thing.